MapleStory Guides


Monday, January 24, 2011

KMST V367 ~ Ice Knight

Hey there! There has been a few patches released in the test server that I didn’t mention about such as the Lunar New Year events.
I think version 367 is worth telling you.

On January 15th, the Super Fight content was added to the official server. Since then there has been a lot PvP skill adjustments to make it fair for everyone. Recently I got a score of 1000 in Survival mode. There’s an event going where you have to achieve certain scores and if you achieved those scores, you will be awarded with Larson Challenger Event items. The event items expire, but if you have done all the score quests and eventually achieved 1000, you will be awarded with one permanent Larson Challenger item.

I got a pendant, but it’s useless for me because I already have a Horntail Pendant.
I rather have the shoulder pad since shoulder pads are really hard if you have lag in PvP. ㅠ

Anyway, the Ice Knight mode has been added to the test server. ^^


Ice Knight has been added to Super Fight (PvP) which means it’s available for everyone.
To start Ice Knight mode, there has to be 10 players available in the map. The match has a time limit of 7 minutes.

[Challenger VS Ice Knight!!]

I tried this mode without being the Ice Knight and it’s too easy in my opinion. At least, it’s too easy. When 10 people enter the map, you get a countdown from 3 till 0 and then the match starts.

As a challenger, you have kill the Ice Knight with the other 9 people in the map. There’s a blue HP bar that indicates the amount of HP that the Ice Knight has left.
As an Ice Knight, you have to eliminate the challengers.

The Ice Knight has an ‘ice gauge’, the gauge can fill up when the Ice Knight attacks players.
Each attack from the Ice Knight requires ice which can be obtained by filling up the ice gauge.

Ice Chop – The Ice Knight can swing his axe forward to hit and possibly stun as many challengers.
Command: ↓ + attack key

Ice Smash – The Ice Knight can transform his axe into a giant sword and can smash and freeze as many challengers.
Command: ↑↑ + attack key

Ice Tempest – The Ice Knight can attack many challengers with a powerful force of ice that’s able to leave damage over time.
Command: ↓→ + attack key

Ice Panic - The Ice Knight can cast a strong curse that’s able to transform challengers into snails.
Command: ↓↑ + attack key

Furthermore, the Ice Knight can double jump like the Wild Hunter’s jaguar.

Challengers are able to eat HP and MP recovery potions while the Ice Knight can’t. In all the matches that I’ve played, I have never seen an Ice Knight win. That’s bad in my opinion. I think the Ice Knight should be difficult to defeat and not just a mode that can be finished in 4 or 5 minutes…

The current Ice Knight mode in version 367 is probably the easiest AND fastest way to gain EXP.
With a score of 532, which is low for my level, I obtained 901,274 EXP. That much EXP in 5 minutes!

That’s basically it. I really hope they’re gonna make it a tad difficult because it’s way too easy for me now. Also, when you’re participating in Ice Knight mode, aren’t you supposed to have fun? I did for the first time, but the fun quickly disappeared when I noticed it was too easy.

There’s a new pet in MapleStory – the Persian Cat!
A cute pet? The fish in the cat’s mouth is a pet accessory.

Unlike other pets, the Persian Cat can autobuff one skill! This means that there are three pets that can autobuff for you: Skunk, Scuba Duck and Persian Cat.