MapleStory Guides


Thursday, March 31, 2011

KMST V371 ~ New events & New changes

Hey folks!

Nexon released a new test server patch on the 17th. New events & new changes. Nothing drool worthy.
Well.. There is something to drool about… But I will tell you that later~

In this update, they’re preparing for two new events. One event is already in progress and the other event will start later. The latter event is known as the Archaeologist event.
This event is known to me and this is probably the 4th or 5th time that I’ve joined this event.

Furthermore, there are new world maps available, PvP changes and something to drool about…

Let’s start with the new Cash Shop items. There are 8 new cash items, which two of them are effects where you have to choose a hotkey to turn the effect ON or OFF.

▲ The first effect item is the Shining Star and the second Winter Wonderland. I like the Winter Wonderland effect!

The first event is the Attendance Check event. This sort of event has already been held in MapleStory, but this time, you need to do something else with a new item.

Cassandra asks you to collect 30 Grapes from monsters.

[I collect all the Grapes!]

When you have all 30 Grapes, head back to Cassandra to mark your attendance for the day you completed the quest.
I completed the quest on the 18th on Friday, that’s why you see a grape next to the 17 and 19.

After that, Cassandra will give you a box with something in it. I opened this box and I got 20 melting cheese…
The rewards from this box are crap, but I expect to see different rewards when this hits the official server.

… There’s more!

You will get another award when you attended the event for:

3 days, 12 days and 21 days: Grapes Belt (7 days): REQ LV: 13, +2 Weapon Attack/Magic, +50 Physical and Magic Defense, +300 HP and MP + Grape Aura + a scroll that lets you move between continents

6 days, 15 days and 24 days: Grapes Pendant (7 days): REQ LV: 13, +5 STR, DEX, INT, LUK, +50 Physical and Magic Defense + Grape Aura + Fatigue Drink

9 days, 18 days and 27 days: Grapes Earring (7 days): REQ LV: 13, +3 Weapon Attack/Magic + Grape Aura + Scroll

30 days: Attendance Check Ending Medal (30 days): REQ LV: 13, +7 STR, DEX, INT, LUK, +5 Weapon Attack/Magic, +200 HP and MP

The Grape Aura is a +20 attack buff that lasts for 30 minutes.
Pretty nice rewards, right? Unfortunately they are all time limited and cannot be extended.

The next is the 2011 Archeologist event. You probably know this event where you have to collect ancient artifacts and try to get in the top 10 to get prizes.
This event hasn’t started in Tespia yet, but I can already share the available prizes.

There are three new Archeologist items. A hat, a face accessory and glasses.

2011 Archaeologist Hat: REQ LV: 13, +5 STR, DEX, INT, LUK, +30 Physical and Magic Defense, +50 HP and MP and 100 Charm EXP
2011 Archaeologist Glasses: REQ LV: 13, +3 STR, DEX, INT, LUK, +1 Weapon Attack/Magic, +20 Physical and Magic Defense and 100 Charm EXP
2011 Archaeologist Face Accessory: REQ LV: 110, +3 STR, DEX, INT, LUK, +10 Physical and Magic Defense, +30 Accuracy and Avoidability and 100 Charm EXP

[2011 Archaeologist Set]

When all 3 items are equipped, you receive a set bonus.
2 set effect: +3 AllStat and +10 Speed and Jump
3 set effect: +5 AllStat, +100 MaxHP, maxMP and +5 Weapon Attack/Magic

That seems to be a promising set. I want it for my Charm personality trait. That’s 300 Charm right there!
The weapon attack bonus is also very nice. But the real question remains: will it be hard to get these items?

I found something in this update that really annoyed me. ▼

This is the NPC that lets you enter any mode of PvP. Today in the test server, he says that Super Fight is closed. It will open at 3 PM until 8 PM Korean time.
It annoys me because Nexon decides to put a time limit on this kind of content, but at the same time I don’t really care since PvP sucks for me anyway because I’m playing overseas.

Ice Knight Mode now requires 4 players instead of 10. That is a great improvement. When I’m trying to play Ice Knight, a lot of patience is required because currently 10 players as a requirement is no good.

The world maps have changed.

[Heavens of Chryse]

[Lion King's Castle / Lionheart Castle]

I appreciate more world maps, because I think MapleStory definitely needs more. But why the hell isn’t there a world map of Ellin Forest and more importantly Dark Ereb and Destroyed Future Henesys? I really hope they add the world map for the latter maps.

In the beginning of this post, I said that there might be something to drool about. Here it is ▼

This is the 8th Anniversary Maple Staff! However, there is no level requirement, no stats and no slots.
Nexon is preparing for MapleStory’s 8th anniversary in April. So this equipment is not final yet.

I really hope the 8th anniversary will be a blast with huge events and huge content.
I’m already drooling as we speak.