MapleStory Guides


Sunday, July 25, 2010

KMS 1.2.105 ~ Big Bang: The counter movement

July 22nd !!

The Black Wings organization started their plan to revive the Black Magician in a city called Edelstein.
The city council, mine and the city were destroyed by Black Wings.

Now, a group of citizens from Edelstein built a hideout under the city
and named their movement 레지스탕스. (Resistance)
They have been gaining strength and they are planning to rebel against Black Wings…

Unbelievable… Right when the patch ended, everyone rushed to the website which caused a ”Server Too Busy” error. The patch was extended by a few minutes. I created a Resistance character and it was really bad that every channel was crowded with people.

Many hours later I tried a second attempt, but this time I couldn’t get in a channel. Basically there were too many people.
This time I created a Battle Mage character because I already tried Wild Hunter in the test server.

I liked the tutorial because it’s special. There isn’t a lot of action involved but a lot of NPC talk.
After the tutorial you will be warped to Edelstein.

I have explained what Edelstein is and I uploaded two videos of the new areas. For more information about Edelstein,
At Lv. 10 it was time for advancement~ I advanced to Battle Mage and I noticed this:

Instead of 3 I received 5 Skill Points. But after Lv. 10 you won’t gain 5 anymore, just 3.
I have no experience with Battle Mage, so I went ahead and distributed my SP into 1 Triple Blow, 1 Finish Attack and 3 Dark Aura.

The first image displays Triple Blow. You press the skill key once and it hits three consecutive hits.
If you cast Triple Blow on time, you can mix it with Finish Attack. Finish Attack can be used right after you used Triple Blow.

I give you my honest opinion. I don’t like Battle Mage and Wild Hunter. Recently I’ve been raising levels on my Viper and I have so much fun playing on it. I’m still curious for Mechanic, though.
Oh and before you ask, no extra character slots were given.

With every class there has to be some kind of reward, right?
The Aran class offered Lilin’s Ring, the Return of the Adventurers event offered Adventurer Rings but what about Resistance?

Another ring!

The Resistance Ring grants you +3 AllStat, +30 HP/MP and +3 weapon and magic attack.
You can obtain this ring by raising your level to 70 on a Resistance character.
In Korea this event is open until September 30th.
With the new EXP curve this should be no problem, because now it’s practically possible to go from Lv. 1 -to 70.

The Resistance Ring cannot be worn together with Lilin’s Ring and the Adventurer’s Ring. It is possible to share this ring with other characters on your own account.

Edelstein is not a city exclusive for Resistance, other classes are allowed to complete quests in Edelstein and Leben Mine as well.
Therefore I spent the whole day questing through Edelstein and I’m not even done! >_<;

The highest monster level in Leben Mine is Lv. 101.

Today I even found a mastery book for Wild Hunter: Beast’s Anger 20 from a Lv. 96 android. A few hours later I found Overswing 30 (Aran) at the Lv. 101 monsters.
And this surprised me the most; some monsters dropped Neo weapons. Neo weapons should only be dropped by bosses in Neo City.
Neo weapons are worthless to me since they’re untradeable. ;;

I got a Black Wings hat from a Black Wings member!

I like it~! Unfortunately it only adds +30 physical and magical defense. It’s still worth using a potential scroll. Hmm…

This update extended more entry channels for Zakum, Horntail and Chaos Zakum and Horntail.

Zakum: channel 3,4,5,6,7
Chaos Zakum: channel 10 and 11
Horntail: channel 8 and 9
Chaos Horntail: channel 15 and 16

This was the second update of the Big Bang trilogy. The last and third update will contain the Mechanic.

Mechanic will come out soon in KMST and I learned that the guild system will be improved in August.
I cannot wait to use skills like Rocket Booster, Rocket Punch and Drill Rush~!