MapleStory Guides


Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Making the Angelic Bless ring

After almost a week I finally reached Lv. 4 Jewel Crafting.
When your skill efficiency bar is full, that means you have to level up your skill. The only way to do that is to visit the profession master NPC in Meisterville and pay him or her fee to level up. That’s everything!

I leveled up my Jewel Crafting skill to 4 and Meltz gave me a free recipe. For Lv. 4 Mining, I received some ores.
Anyway, Meltz gave me a recipe to make the Angelic Bless ring!

Why a recipe? If you use a recipe, it will tell you which items you need to make the accessory. For the Angelic Bless ring, you need 25 bronze plates, 25 adamantium plates, 10 intermediate item crystals (Lv. 70~90) and 10 bottles that you can buy from a Meisterville NPC.
Plates are very easy to make now with this new system.

I can tell you already that monster crystals are useless when this update comes to your version. From now on, you need item crystals. People who learned the Alchemy profession can only disassemble equipment.
Unfortunately if you want to disassemble high-leveled equipment, you will need to raise the level of Alchemy…

One thing I like about this new system is that it tells you the current success rate and the success rate at the next level. It’s a shame that you cannot use any items that will enhance the item like Maker. Too bad Maker is gone, but I think this system is a good improvement of it.

Back on topic, I finally got my Angelic Bless ring!!

The Angelic Bless ring adds +1 to STR, DEX, INT and LUK and adds +30 accuracy and avoidability.
On top of that, when you equip the ring you will get +30 Charm EXP and it gives you a +5 weapon/magic attack buff! Isn’t that awesome?
The buff stacks with an attack potion and with Super Transform and Energy Charge.
I tried this buff with the Rage skill, and it stacks but.. when I have Rage and this buff on, it doesn’t stack with Energy Charge. But that’s alright. ^-^

Lovely effect?

There is a Lv. 70 Dark Angelic Bless ring which adds +6 to STR, DEX, INT and LUK and +100 maxHP and maxMP. But the Dark Angelic Bless ring gives you an even greater buff: +10 weapon/magic attack
But you will need Lv. 10 Jewel Crafting for it. So, it’s difficult. I’ll let you know when I have the Dark Angelic Bless ring~

You can trade both rings, but it bind on equip. If you equipped the Dark Angelic Bless ring and you want to trade it, you will need a Platinum Scissor of Karma. The Dark Angelic Bless is a one-of-a-kind item.

I created my ring and equipped it, but I cannot make another Angelic Bless ring because I will need a recipe.
If you used a recipe and created the equipment afterwards, you will need to use another recipe to make it again.

The personality system. I think it’s great. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, that’s okay. I’ll explain it again.
There are six personality stats that you can increase:

Charisma (can be increased by hunting bosses)
Increase in PvP damage
Increase in ignoring the monster’s defense
Decrease in EXP upon death

Sense (can be increased by collecting herbs)
Increase in MP
Increase in quest EXP

Insight (can be increased by mining and revealing the hidden potential of items)
Increase in accuracy
Increase in avoidability
The ability to reveal the hidden potential of an item without using a magnifying glass

Will (can be increased by completing party quests, by gaming time and by leveling up profession skills)
Increase in HP
Increase in physical defense
Increase in magic defense
Resistant to statuses

Craft (can be increased by creating equips/items)
Increase in the success rate of scrolls
Increase in the success rate of getting double the skill efficiency you earn

Charm (Charm can be increased by equipping/using cash items and when your fame goes up)
Increase of a new equip slot (pocket slot)
Facial expression rewards

These are my current personality stats. My Will is Lv. 6 and I got an increase of +100 HP and +5 physical and magic defense. My Craft is Lv. 18 and gives me a 3% probability to earn double the skill efficiency and the success rate of scrolls has been increased by 1.5%.

Charm is still Lv. 13 but I know that you can get a new pocket slot when your Charm level is 30.
You get the facial expression rewards at Lv. 35, 40 and 45. But I cannot afford to buy a lot of cash items so I rather have no pocket slot…

I raise my Charisma every day by hunting bosses. It’s currently at Lv. 18 and so far I can ignore 1,5% of the monster’s defense. My PvP damage has been increased by 3 and whenever I die which is rarely, I will lose only 9,3% instead of 10%. ^^
Sense is a useless personality stat for me because I don’t have Herbalism on my Viper.
The last personality stat is Insight, it’s Lv. 17 and so far it only gives me an increase of +25 accuracy and avoidability.

One last thing… The patch version of KMS is currently at 1.2.121 and I think Nexon realized that theEmpress Cygnus boss is a little bit too hard. So they reduced the physical attack from 25500 to 20400 and her magic attack from 35500 to 28400.

It’s a good start…

대난투 D-DAY: 8