MapleStory Guides


Saturday, July 17, 2010

KMST V327 ~ Edelstein & Leben Mine

A new area has been discovered in Maple World: Edelstein

Just one more week until the release of Resistance in KMS.

In Tespia everyone can create new Resistance characters since the previous patch didn’t allow it.
A Resistance character will have its own creation background ▼

It was no surprise to me that Edelstein was released today and the music is just so beautiful!
I visited Edelstein and I made a video on my Wild Hunter, so if you want to see and hear Edelstein:

[Alternative Link]

-Edelstein @ World Map-

-Map of Edelstein and Leben Mine-

You can access Edelstein from Orbis and Victoria Island. Since my character was in Victoria Island, the only way was to go to Port Road (Six Pathways) and ask for Red Dog to let me fly to Edelstein.

The hell?! 5 minutes!! Well… It’s good timing, right? If you look at the world map you’ll see how far it is.

The Resistance (Battle Mage, Wild Hunter and Mechanic) show their real faces in their headquarters but hide their secret in civilization.
When I logged on my character, I received a quest that I had to see the Resistance instructor Sigmund, however I couldn’t find her. I tried talking her in Edelstein, but there she is just a doctor and not an instructor for Resistance.

I was a bit confused at the beginning, because where was the Resistance instructor? So I started to move around the town and keep pressing arrow up in hope to find the NPC and finally.. To access the headquarters of Resistance, you have to go through this little pipe.

!!!

This is how the Resistance HQ looks like right now ▼

This is how the Resistance HQ will look like when the Mechanic instructor will be added (August 12th) and this confirms that Mechanic belongs to Resistance. So no, he’s not a Pirate hero.

Nexon has said they will continue releasing the remaining three heroes next year.

Click on the two thumbnails to view it full size

I’m really excited for Mechanic~!! I hope this class won’t disappoint me.

I made a quick tour of Leben Mine. There are weak and strong monsters in this mine which all give decent EXP. A lot of the quests in Leben Mine involves killing monsters.

[Alternative Link]

A few skill graphics were improved. Are they better than the original graphics? You’re the judge.

MP Eater (Wizards & Cleric) ▼

Explosion (Fire/Poison Mage) ▼

Cold Beam (Ice/Lightning Mage) ▼

Booster (All classes except for the Magician, Hero series and Dual Blade) ▼

Drain (Assassin) ▼

Rage (Fighter – Will be changed later) ▼

You probably know by now that the 10% critical damage from the Adventurer’s Critical Ring has been removed. But Nexon makes another move, they decided to remove the 20% critical damage from the Adventurer Cruel Ring in this patch.

I’m actually glad I never had the motivation to train another character for just an Adventurer ring.